An intensive 90-minute daily Reading Focus is at the core of our school’s academic program. Educators implement a collaborative culture that engages students in academic dialogue designed to increase their depth of knowledge and understanding. Our curriculum also emphasizes math, science, and social studies, with supporting programs like art, music, and physical education providing avenues for well-rounded development. Advanced placement courses in literature and algebra are offered to eighth grade students.
In addition to our core programming for students in kindergarten through eighth grade, we offer Functional Skills - a program designed to meet the individual needs of students with specific learning disabilities. We will also begin to offer free preschool classes at the start of the 2018-19 school year.
School features include:
- Interactive smart whiteboards in all classrooms
- Computer carts in every third through eighth grade classroom
- A computer lab and shared carts for kindergarten through second grade
- A fully stocked lab for seventh and eighth grade science
- A new wing for fifth and sixth grade band
- Updated carpet and paint for sixth grade classrooms
- Two playgrounds
- An athletic field
- Indoor and outdoor basketball courts