Community Engagement Overview
The Roosevelt School District Family & Community Engagement team works collaboratively to partner with parents and families to ensure student success. We know that parents and family members, are the child’s first advocate to provide them with the best opportunities in life.
Our district has invested heavily in family engagement. We have full time family engagement coordinators at each of our school communities. They work collaboratively with Social Workers, Teachers, Counselors and School Leaders to serve our students’ families. Our coordinators help provide resources, workshops and assistance with internet connectivity to our families. Many of them also serve as a translator liaison between teacher and parents and families.
We also work closely with our District’s Teaching and Learning department to align our efforts to support the student achievement goals.
While this school year is different than what we are traditionally used to, our goal of providing your families with the same vital resources remains.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us to schedule virtual workshops for our parents and families this semester and in-person workshops once we are back in school.
- The department has established and maintained more than 100 community partners that support the RSD No.66 district, schools and students.
- A RSD No. 66 Neighborhood House that provides free technology, including internet service and other computer programs to the RSD No. 66 Community
- A Wellness Center that offers services to the RSD Community
- McKinney-Vento Homeless Services provided to RSD No. 66 students and their families
Workshops and Programs Offered:
- Guiding Good Choices: Preventing Drug Use In Your Family, Developing Healthy Beliefs and Clear Standards, Resisting Peer Pressure, Controlling and Expressing Your Anger Constructively, Strengthening Family Bonds
- Family Literacy Program
- Parent Ambassador Program
- Parenting Classes
- Diabetes and Blood Pressure Screenings
- Nutrition Courses
- School Food Drives
- Rio Salado English Courses
- American Dream Academy
- Be A Leader
- Esperanza Public Health Courses
- Public Library Card Sign-Up
- Christmas Tree Angel Program
- Backpack and Clothing Drive in partnership with Grand Canyon University
Diana B. Figueroa
Executive Director of Community Engagement
Community Relations Multimedia Communications Specialist
Neighborhood House Community Liason
Neighborhood House Coordinator
Connect with your RSD No. 66 Family & Community Engagement Coordinator:
John F. Kennedy Elementary School
Cloves C. Campbell Elementary School
Ceasar Chavez Elementary School
Ignacio Conchos Elementary School
John R. Davis Elementary School
Ruth Santos Peralta
Percy L. Julian Elementary School
Martin Luther King, Jr. Elementary School
Irene Lopez Elementary School
Ed and Verma Pastor Elementary School
Southwest Elementary School